As I promised, here’s another recipe that I made recently.
Chicken Patties (adapted from Zuzana’s Chicken Patties)
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
Chopped cabbage (about 3-4 leaves?)
1/2 jicama – chopped into small cubes
3 garlic cloves – minced
2 carrots – coarsely chopped (I used food processor)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 brown onion - minced
2 egg whites (reserved the yolks for other thing)
1. Heat a non stick skillet in medium heat, pour 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Lightly saute the chopped veggies until the onions turn translucent. This to drain all the water from the vegetables so the chicken patties won’t be mushy.
3. Turn off the heat and let the veggie mixture cool down
4. Cut chicken breasts into small pieces. Then use your butcher knife and pound the chicken meat until evenly ground.
Good workout for your arms eh?
(Option: You can buy pre-grounded chicken meat from the market, but I am skeptical about pre grounded meat because I don’t know how fresh the meat is)
8. Option 2: You can bake them in your oven in 350°F for about 20-30 minutes (depends on your oven -mine needs about that)
Lightly grease the baking sheet with extra virgin olive oil. Shape the chicken patty mixture into palm size.
I personally like the baked version better. It’s juicier, no burned parts and the appearance reminds me of shrimp patties. Probably the orange colors from the chopped carrots?
Happy New Year’s Eve!