There are so many ways to cook hamburger and this time as part of my Solidarity with Japan post, I decided to make ハンバーガー Hanbaagaa (Japanese Style Hamburger) – in primal way of course
ハンバーガー Hanbaagaa (Japanese Style Hamburger)
1lbs organic grass fed ground beef
3 cloves garlic
1/4 white onion – diced
1. Mince the shallot, onion, garlic then use mortar pestle to ground them (or food processor)
2. Mix together the ground onions mixture with the ground beef, egg, salt, black pepper and white pepper
3. Heat the skillet in medium heat with ghee or cooking oil of your choice
4. Divide the beef mixture into 4 equal size patties. Pan sear the the meat until brown – flip occasionally – do not squeeze the patties as it will release all the juice, resulting dry patties.
5. Pour in about 1-2 Tbsp of water, following with 1-3 Tbsp coconut aminos or wheat free soy sauce (tamari sauce) – let it simmer for about 2 minutes
6. Turn up the heat to high to reduce the sauce
Nice and juicy! As usual, enjoy!
Feel free to join Kath in her Solidarity with Japan project. Post anything about Japan – can be food, cultures, music, etc.