I just realized lately my lunch plate has one similarity.
See the similarity there? Yep, it’s the AVOCADO! I’ve been having at least one avocado for every lunch. It’s just so good and it kept me full for quite some time. Although it still didn’t stop me for having fruity bowl for my afternoon snacks
But it kept my dinner pretty small
Lotus Root Soup
Prior Paleo, I wasn’t a big fan of eating plain avocado. Back in Indo, we used to make an avocado shake (mashed avocado with sugar and ice cubes – yummy, especially in hot and humid weather). Some people even put condensed milk with it (not me, it was waaay too sweet!).
Some avocado fun facts
1. It is a fruit, not a vegetable
2. It has higher content of fat compared to other fruits and mostly are monounsaturated fat
3. It has a slight sweet taste but mostly just bland and fatty. Sprinkle some salt and lemon juice will spice it up a bit
4. Blend avocado with some cocoa powder and medjool dates to create dairy free chocolate mousse (I haven’t tried it yet, but have been having this concept in my head for a while)
5. It has higher potassium content compared to banana (according to Wiki)
6. It is one of Clean Fifteen produce list, so no need to buy organic I know Walmart grocery at my neighborhood sell it for 50 cents each.
What’s your favorite way of eating avocado (other than guacamole)?