I’m so sorry for not posting anything last night because it was LOST show and I needed to wrap up my stuff quickly before it started.
Anyway, today was my day off from workout so I got more sleep. I woke up, showered and was thinking to bring breakfast to work. But my belly was super hungry so I had to eat some stuff to hold it off:
plain soymilk with 1/3 scoop protein powder
Ate this while waiting for the soymilk to heat up, brought another 1 to work, but ended not eating it
My hubby mentioned his mom gave us a box of sponge cake. I don’t have sweet tooth but sponge cake is one exception! The cake is super soft, airy, spongy and not that sweet! No frosting, whipped cream, nothing! Just plain. I brought 2 small pieces to work as my second breakfast:
so soft and light
What’s better than enjoying this cake with a cup of hot green tea? Yum.
One of my co-worker brought in Filipino style empanada for my colleague because she helped him finish his project on time. I already had my cake so I decided not to have them. Instead I brought 2 of them home and will bring it for tomorrow’s breakfast, one for me, one for my dear husband.
empanada: stuffed pastry (this one has chicken I think)
Unfortunately, that cake didn’t hold my hunger until lunch time so I had to snack on my last Clif® Mojo Mountain Mix Sweet and Salty Trail Mix Bar.
I had a really good lunch. Brown rice with boiled chinese broccoli (gai lan) and baked seasoned eggplants. Yum!
The eggplants turned out better after I heated up my lunch in microwave. Last night after I just baked them, they were a bit dry and spongy. Next time I might steam the eggplants instead baking it. Oh, I also brought a cup of baby carrots.
so noisy eating carrots. Crunch crunch crunch, makes me feel I'm a rabbit. haha
And not forgetting my orange as my late afternoon snack. Omg, these oranges are super juicy and sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
2 big juicy oranges in this 2 cup ziplock container .Yummy!
After I got home, I decided to cook the chicken that I marinated on Sunday. I was going to cook it last night, but I wanted to wrap things up quickly, so I skipped. As this post title said: I made Chicken in Tangy Lemon Sauce. I am no sweet tooth girl, but I’m in for TANGY CITRUS.
This dish is very simple and tasty. Ingredients are simple:
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp turmeric powder for color
About 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
Some honey and salt for taste. (I didn’t really measure the amount, just tasting it until I got to the right taste)
Chicken meat (or you can use 4 chicken breasts) – marinate overnight for more taste with garlic powder, a bit of black pepper, and some salt.
1 big carrots, minced or you can just use frozen mixed vegetables
1. Lightly oil the non-stick pan or whatever pan you use as long it’s non reactive to lemon juice.
2. Grilled the chicken meat, browning each side
3. Reduce the heat to medium high, cover the pan to let the chicken cook (about 5 minutes)
4. Remove the chicken from the pan (by this time, it should be at least 1/2 cooked)
5. Saute minced garlic until fragrant. If you use any vegetables like carrots, you can mix in here. If you use frozen vegetables, wait until towards the end. You do not want to make the green vegetables turn yellowish
6. Pour in the lemon juice and put back the chicken meat into the pan and add in the turmeric powder
7. Reduce the heat to medium high, cover the pan. This will make the chicken meat absorbs the lemon juice a bit. (about 5 minutes)
8. Pour in honey and taste it until it has balanced sweet and sour taste. For more tangy taste, you can add a bit of salt. I didn’t add any salt, just honey.
9. If you use frozen vegetables, this is the good time to mix them in. The chicken meat should be all cooked by now.
10. Remove from the heat. Serve and Enjoy!
That’s it! How simple is that! You can add some mixed veggies also or other kinds of veggies you like.
tangy and sweet. Very appetizing
I also made bok choy and carrots in the chicken broth I made from boiling the bones last time. Added some silken tofu…DELISH!
skimmed off all the chicken fat this soup is almost no fat at all!