It’s ALMOST Christmas and we’ve got LOTS OF RAIN here in Los Angeles!
Los Angeles sky has been like this since Friday!
Been raining NON STOP since Saturday! Weather forecast said it’ll be like this until this coming Wednesday.
I don’t mind rain, actually but just hate it when I have to go out and drive! I’ve seen accidents and road closures.
Parents just left last night (changed of plan from Thursday because my brother suddenly felt nausea (I called this Nausea Breakdown Syndrome).
He had been having nausea on and off before (digestion problem) and it might occur again because he’s been on a lot of TB meds for the past 6 months. Good news is the doctor finally reduced the meds from 4 to 2. 4 more months of treatment and hopefully he’ll be FULLY recovered.
I gave my parents a little Christmas gift: Wrote a Christmas card telling how I appreciated their help all this time here and also our differences in the beginning since I have been independent for the past 10 years. Plus a small Godiva Dark Chocolate truffles and our pictures with them while they were here.
Simple gift yet full of thoughts. I wrote a lot in the card. Hopefully they like it.
My co worker gave me and my fellow colleagues a box of cookies!
These are SINFULLY good! Not too sweet, yet crunchy and sort of melt in your mouth cookies! I only had ONE. These cookies are not from here btw. They travelled all the way from Hongkong homemade bakery according to her. 🙂
I’ve been a little adventurous in the kitchen lately.
Like this Cauliflower “Fried Rice”.
1/2 of cauliflower (pick the most white and big looking one!)
3 garlic cloves – minced
3 stalks of green onions-chopped (separate the green and white part)
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil/butter/lard/coconut oil or whatever oil you like!
Optional: curry powder for a little kick, paprika etc the choice is ENDLESS!
1. Chopped the cauliflower and ground them in your blender/food processor until they look like this
2. Minced the garlic and green onions (reserve the green parts for later use)
3. Heat up the non stick skillet with 1 Tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
4. Saute the garlic and the white part of the green onions until fragrant
5. Mix in the ground cauliflower
6. Seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
7. Mix in the green part of the green onions
8. Ready to devour!
Cauliflower Fried Rice!
It's healthy, grain free and nutritious!
Finally, after reading so many raw/vegan cookies on the blogsphere, I decided to try making them my own:
Raw Almond Cookies!
(vegan and gluten free)
Ingredients (I didn’t measure everything exactly)
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup golden roasted flaxseeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 cups of raw almond butter (I used my homemade almond butter- super easy!)
2 pitted medjool dates
1. Lightly toast the almonds and walnuts in your oven for about 4 minutes
2. Put all ingredients in your blender/food processor and grind until the nuts are coarse (not too much or it’ll become nut butter)
3, Mixed the grounded ingredients with the almond butter
4. Shape into whatever you like! 😀 I didn’t have any cookie cutters so I just shaped them into flat cookie.
5. Chill them in the fridge so they’ll harden a bit
Optional: Bake the cookies for 15 minutes (I might want to give this a try)
These cookies are VERY RICH, so be mindful of the portion size.
Oh not to forget I also made Vegan Tofu Eggplant Stir Fry.
In the mix: tofu, eggplant, bell peppers and button mushrooms
Super easy and healthy! You can always customize this and turn it into a different kind of stir fry! I LOVE STIR FRY!
On another note, I have a BIG plan for this blog and it might take me quite sometime to actually put together. A little hint, I might merge my other blog content into this one. We’ll see how things go.
Last but not least, I really want to win this iHerb Giveaway!
Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!! Be safe and be merry!
What’s your latest cooking adventure?