I made these fish fillet on last Friday night and it was DA BOMB! Super simple and yummy! Not to mention full of healthy fat thanks to the abundance of shredded coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil.
Coconut Fish Fillet (adapted from Chicken Fingers Recipe)
7 wild caught Alaskan Cod fillets (I got mine from Costco)
A dash of coconut milk
1 cup of shredded coconut flakes (I used Let’s Do Organic brand which I ordered by mistake – supposedly ordered the FLAKES -*sigh*)
1 large egg
Salt and pepper
1. Season the fish fillet with salt and pepper for about 15 minutes or more
2. Beat the egg with some coconut milk (amount is up to you- just not too much that it’ll dilute the egg)
3. Prepare the shredded coconut flakes on a separate shallow dish
4. Heat up the skillet with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in medium heat
5. Dip the fish fillet in the egg mixture, then coat with the shredded coconut flakes
6. Fry until brown – on each side
Tell you what, these fellas taste good to eat with ketchup! Unfortunately, it’s not primal/paleo unless you made your own. I just ate mine plain, taste good enough by itself already.