I bought 2 huge sweet potatoes last weekend and wanted to try Diane Sanfilippo from Balanced Bites recipe. However, instead of making these as sweets, I opted to make savory versions with my own twist 🙂 I also doubled up her recipes.
Savory Sweet Potato Pancakes (Adapted from Diane Sanfilippo’s Sweet Potato Pancakes)
1/2 of big sweet potatoes (about 4 cups) – peeled and finely shredded (I used my food procesorr with shredding disc or you can shred them manually)
4 tsp coconut flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1. Lightly add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the shredded sweet potatoes
2. Beat 6 eggs and mix in the coconut flour until everything incorporates
3. Pour in the shredded sweet potatoes into the egg mixture, add in the chopped onions as well
4. Melt coconut oil on the skillet in medium heat.
5. Scoop in the batter, make sure they are in similar sizes
6. You can tell if it’s a good time to flip it over when the edges started to look a bit dry
This recipe is super easy and very yummy as well. Good for snacks, appetizer or post workout meal.