Finally, my “extended weekend” has just started. Today I’m officially adding another year to my age AND my blog (technically speaking, this blog was created on Apr 28, 2010- but just to make things easier, can I just combine it together with my birthday?)
So since this post will be about me and my blog, why don’t I just talk about those then?
I’ll start off with me first 😀
- I am a Chinese descendant born in Indonesia. Both sides of my grandparents migrated from China, which makes both my parents the first generation. I speak very little Chinese (mandarin) and probably good enough to survive for food if I ever stranded in China and I have a pretty decent understanding of simple conversation. I can’t really call myself Chinese, although people first impression of me is Chinese until they learn that I don’t really speak the language. Sometimes I called myself an “exiled” Chinese.. LOL.
- I have 2 younger brothers and no sisters and sometimes I think I might be spoiled in some ways but I digress. I wish I have 2 older brothers instead.
- I used to dislike cooking and my mom even had to force me to learn cooking or else no guy would want to marry me… LOL. I don’t know how and when that I started to get more interest in cooking and exploring different recipes and technique.
Today’s breakfast/post workout meal
- I was never a tea drinker until I got married to Hubby K. Now I can’t live with my tea. Weekdays I have to be content with my regular green tea bags. But weekends or in this case for today (day offs) are reserved for loose leaf tea
- I’ve never been a milk drinker. I hate the taste/smell and how it makes me feel bloated and gassy afterward. However, today when I went to Henry’s Market to shop some groceries, I took a free bone density test and found out I am nowhere calcium deficient. 😀
- Recently, I started to develop some interest to pretty up my blog food photography. After reading various food photography tips and tricks, I experimented on my lunch plate to look prettier.
- Prior going Paleo, I used to like baking my own bread and once in a while cakes and sort of miss it. So, since today IS my birthday, I decided to bake my OWN birthday cake! One challenge is I’ve never baked a gluten free cake. I’ve been eying this recipe from The Primal Palate and decided today is the day that I have to make this!
Strawberry Coconutty Cake (Adapted from The Primal Palate)
6 eggs – room temperature
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
About 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
2. Bring down the mixer speed, add in the coconut flour – mix until everything combined.
3. Pour in the chopped strawberries.
4. Pour into a 9” round cake pan (I used my angel food cake pan – big mistake)
5. Bake in 350°F for about 30-35 minutes
- I’m the worst cake baker. You might not see it, but my cake was a bit burnt because I baked it too long. You could kind of see the side edge is a little dark
- Finally, to wrap things up, I’m not good in any hand crafting stuff so that’s why my cake slice just didn’t turn out right. Topping with whipped coconut cream and scattered chopped strawberries couldn’t help this little cake piece presentation either!
I’ll do a separate post for about my blogging thing since this one is already pretty long. Have a great night!