Frittata is another Paleo friendly recipe that’s been floating among cave bloggers on the blogsphere. There are VARIOUS WAYS to make it and almost no need recipe for it. The most common way to make frittata is using a cast iron skillet, which you cook the omelet then pop it into your oven to fully cook the whole thing.
To simplify the process (also because I don’t have a cast iron skillet nor I’m interested to get one..that thing is so darn heavy!), I just bake the entire thing in my counter top convection oven using my 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
Egg Loaf Frittata
1-2 Tbsp full fat Greek yogurt
Cooked ground beef or any minced meat of your choice
2 stalks of green onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Any of your favorite seasonings (I used Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute)
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until the yolk and white mixed evenly
2. Pour in the rest of the filling and season accordingly.
3. Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with avocado oil
4. Pour in the egg mixture
5. Bake in the oven with 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until the inside is cooked (use toothpick to check the middle part)
6. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool
The egg loaf might shrink a bit after it cools down but worry not, it’ll still be yummy. Slice and store individual cut in an air tight container and you have a protein ready to go in your pantry! Super easy nutritious snack with very minimal effort. Feel free to experiment with different fillings/toppings.